Cambrian Park has been at the forefront of Green Ministry for many years. Some examples are:
- Water saving
- landscaping with water saving native plants since 2008
- Replaced all toilets on campus with low-flow toilets 2009
- Replaced our old lawn sprinklers with new water saving types 2015
- Replace all light bulbs with energy efficient, cost saving bulbs
- Installed a 24.42 kW Solar System, offsetting 68% of usage, and 90% of electrical bill
- Support Fair Trade Industries that promote sustainable products with just compensation
Green Resolutions for 2017-18
We hope that you have a passion for the environment. Think about what you can do at home to help with the climate
change issues that are ongoing and getting worse.
Here are just a few examples for you.
- Switch to more organic and Non GMO food choices to protect your health.
- Women, switch to make up and lotions without toxic ingredients.
- Buy a reusable water and coffee container and use them.
- Don’t buy anything with Styrofoam.
- Get a plug strip that you can plug your electronics into that can be turned off with a switch to save electricity.
- If you need new appliances make sure they are the energy star type and buy scrip from CPUMC to pay for them.
- Buy a clothesline to use during spring and summer when the rain stops.
- Need a new car? Buy an electric or hybrid.
Search the web for Environmental or climate change online websites and see what is happening that you can help with. We need to try and make a positive difference in this world that God has gifted to us.
What will you do?
For more information, or to get involved, contact Betty Dickey at firstname.lastname@example.org